[FIX] WDS PXE-E32: TFTP open timeout
Recently, I was deploying Windows 7 on my College Lab. Previously the WDS function was working perfectly on server and deploying Client OS on the machines, but later on suddenly it stopped to worked. It started to give the issue with “TFTP open timeout”. Now the problem began to me. I tried different option but still it didn’t work but finally at last after 1 hour of struggle i found out the casue. This can be caused by the DNS service binding to WDS UDP ports on the server. This will generally occur after security update MS08-037 is installed on the server.
Fix WDS PXE-E32: TFTP open timeout
To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Registry Editor. To do this, click Start , type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- Navigate through the regisrty to find the key:
- Right-click UdpPortPolicy, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
- Close the registry editor
- Open the Windows Deployment Services (WDS) snap-in and restart the WDS server
Else if it seems you to be messy you can just uninstall the Services and install it again, this will also make you work.
I also had to increase my UPD Port Range. From 50000 to 65000. After that I was able to connect to my WDS server without a problem.