Unleash the Hidden power of Control Panel in Windows 7.
I have been playing with windows 7 when the pre-beta version of windows 7 had been released. I was so happy to see the different new feature on the windows 7 in respect to the older version of operating system, and performance was awesomeâ€¦â€¦.I too was surprised to learn hidden control panel applets of windows 7 as well in Windows Vista. I didnâ€™t knew it before until I read some article related to regeditÂ on windows7 and Windows Vista.Here sharing my experience on the hidden applets of the control panel in windows 7 and Windows Vista.
There are some hidden applet in the windows 7 and Windows Vista that are default hiddenâ€¦.donâ€™t know whyâ€¦but some of them are really useful the beginner and expert too. so Here I am providing the tutorial how to access these hidden applet of control panel.
- Get to RUNâ€”> type REGEDIT and press Returnâ€¦â€¦.(Ctrl+R gives the run window)
- Now go the this branch of the regeditâ€¦..HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionControl Paneldonâ€™t load
- Here the Snapshot of that portion of the Windowâ€¦.just click on the donâ€™t load and see the control panel entries on the ride-side of the pane.Â
- Simple deleting the â€˜donâ€™t loadâ€™ key will revile all the hidden appsâ€¦.but there are some apps that already exists on the control panelâ€¦.and that might be appear double in your control panelâ€¦so I suggest you to try with deleting those apps those are not in your control panel. like
Those were the steps for reveling the hidden apps of control panel in Windows 7 and Windows Vista.it is easily adopted on the Windows vistaâ€¦.but in case of the Windows 7 you have to take a permission as security is upgraded then of vistaâ€¦.you canâ€™t work on this key unless you get permission. Here is the procedure how to get the permission.
- Right-click on the “don’t load” key and select “Permissions…“.Â
- It’ll open a dialog box, Click on “Advanced” button.Â
- It’ll open another dialog box, Go to “Owner” tab.Â
- Select your Username from the list and click on “Apply” button and then OK.
- Again click on OK button in the first dialog box.
- Now again right-click on the same key and select “Permissions…“.
- Select your Username in the list and check the “Allow” option for “Full Control“.
- Click on Apply button and then OK.
Â Â Here the new Control Panel you see after your edit. Redmark shows the new apps that has been added
I think you guys will enjoy this trickâ€¦.
NOTE:- Please make the backup of Registry whenever you make tweak on it.
Great site. A lot of useful information here. Iâ€™m sending it to some friends!